Parking Lot Safety Reminders During Drop-off/Pick-Up
Your child’s safety is our top priority at Cascade Ridge! Their safety begins with you! During drop-off and pick-up, please follow the rules on the map and described below to ensure all students are safe at all times.
- Obey traffic laws. Please do not make U-turns in front of the school on Trossachs Blvd. at drop off and pick-up. The crosswalk at the parking lot entrance/exit is closed in the morning.
- Adults stay in cars at all times. If your child needs assistance in and out of the car, please park rather than drop off/pick up lane.
- Use the crosswalk. If you are walking your child to the gate or picking your child up after parking your car, please use the crosswalk in front of the office instead of crossing through the parking lot.
- Drop off/Pick up in the white lines only. Wait until you have passed the red curb to drop off/pick up your child. Once you are in the diagonal white lines, you are ready to stop.
- Pull all the way forward. Do not leave large gaps before stopping to drop off or pick up children.
- Do not stop in the crosswalk.
- Do not drop off on the wrong side of the parking lot. Wait until you have circled all the way around to the diagonal white lines. Do not drop off on the other side and allow your children to walk across the parking lot or crosswalk. Students using the crosswalk in front of the school must be accompanied by an adult.
- Wait in the drop-off/pick-up line. Do not use the through-traffic lane and cut into the Drop off/Pick up line when there is an opening.
- Drive slowly. Plan your drop off time so that it allows for traffic. If you are on a tight schedule, walking or riding with a friend is a better option.
- Pay attention to adult crossing guards and student Safety Patrollers. They know the rules and are trying to enforce them for everyone’s benefit. Eyes up and not on cell phones or watching students walk to class.
- Be aware of the NO PARKING signs on Trossachs Blvd. In front of the school on Trossachs there is a turn lane into the school parking lot. Please do not park in the turn lane.
Thank you for keeping our students safe!
- Safety & Security